Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Godzilla (15/54) - Bandai Theater Exclusive Meltdown Godzilla (1995)

 

If you had asked me growing up if the thought of a Godzilla molded in orange/red was appealing, I think I would have told you that you were crazy. Thanks to this Theater Exclusive (limited to 5,000 copies during the theatrical distribution of Godzilla vs. Destoroyah), this design, and almost thirty years later, every other off-beat color variation of Godzilla, are now among my favorites.


The coloring represents the final stage of Godzilla's nuclear meltdown from the climax of the film.




It was early 1996 when I saw an ad offering this rarity in G-Fan magazine, and I decided I had to acquire one. At the time, this was the most expensive Godzilla I owned. What I could never had imagined is that I was buying it from someone who years later, I would come to know through our shared admiration of Night of the Living Dead!




If I had to pick a favorite Bandai Godzilla, in my collection, this would be the one. My only regret was not picking up a giant, two-foot tall similar color variation...



Be sure to check back week for another item from my Godzilla collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment