Friday, May 17, 2024

Creature from the Black Lagoon (19/54) - NECA San Diego ComicCon Exclusive 7" Glow-in-the-Dark Creature (2023)

Last summer, NECA released a 7" Creature on a retro Remco-styled cardback as a San Diego ComicCon Exclusive. I pre-ordered it blindly, before I even knew what the figure or packaging would look like, and upon receipt, I kicked myself for not ordering two. I'd love to free this guy from his blister-packed prison to pose him in all his glowing glory, but the re-use of the Remco card art was a brilliant touch, and I wouldn't feel right removing him from the card so long as this is my only example. 



Kudos to NECA for going with the Remco cardback design as well (which I was never a big fan of on the Remco figures, but I feel is perfectly appropriate to mimic here).


Look at that luxurious glow effect in action!



 Come back next week for another item from my Creature collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment