Monday, February 12, 2024

I Am Legend (5/54) - Tihomir Tikulin signed/remarqued Ja Sam Legenda trade and newsstand editions (2008)


In 2007, a Croatian artist named Tihomir Tikulin stumbled across the I Am Legend Archive website. He had been hired to paint the cover for a domestic edition of Ja Sam Legenda, and was researching other covers that had been used.

'Tico' reached out to me to thank me for making the information on the website available, and shared his cover art, which I was very fond of. Fast forward nearly 15 years, and I spotted an alternate version of the book featuring his cover art online, so I reached out to ask for more details. When he heard the copy he had sent back in 2008 never arrived, he more than made up for that, not only gifting me copies of the trade and even more elusive (and new to me) newsstand edition, but also by filling another hole in the archive — a Yugoslavian edition from 1979!

The personalized remarques make these two pieces in the archive very special pieces in the archive. 



 Be sure to check back next week for another item from the I Am Legend Archive!

No comments:

Post a Comment